Sunday, May 9, 2010

Creation and Purpose

I started this blog because I couldn't not write it. During Mass I listen to homilies that I think could be so much better. I try to let God teach me things through what the priest is saying, but sometimes I can't hear His message through jokes, cliches, and tangential stories. And the readings are so rich...so I want to write these homilies as a layman, for my own benefit and for anyone who wants to be fed from reading homilies based on the Scripture readings provided by the Church, and who isn't being fed at Mass.

The Eucharist is so important at Mass, to take in the Body and Blood of Christ. But so is the Word, that it might feed our souls as His Body feeds ours. So thank you, internet, for being indulgent, and letting me have my small, obscure soapbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment